Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Nikolai (Ya'akov) Nguyen-Nikitin


Myth, Libertas & Cupid

Have doubts
about my freedom
Am finally free ?
Perhaps look like
Bird flying to zoo cage
from ancient kingdom
30 years ago 
New Statue of Liberty
set up
in the square
" If hugged 
this beauty
I would be set free ?"
Until now
Not arrived at
New York
Libertas
Still far away !
Somebody say
" New York , Trash !"
Somebody say 
"New York ,  Great !"
Dream Cupid at night
"Where is my Libertas ?"
"The opposite bank !"
"Where is my opposite bank ?"
Cupid simply smiled
without replying
Liberty leading the people ?!
Libertas tempted me !
Hi, Beauty !
To the left ?
To the right ?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Michael Lee Johnson

I’m a Riverboat Boy,  Poem on Halsted Street As sure as church bells Sunday morning, ringing on Halsted and State Street, Chicago, these mem...