Saturday, December 12, 2020

Patricia Murphy

Looking Back


Looking back its the year that was. 

I'll be glad when its over.  


Not only are we dealing with a 

pandemic, unemployment, 

trying to put food on the table  

and pay rent as well as wear 

our masks and stay safe.  


Currently, I'm dealing with an 

HOA threatening to sue me. 


Also, to my dismay, my beloved sits 

in a nursing home after spending two 

weeks at two different hospitals.  

I cannot go see him due to 

COVID-19.  They won't let me in.  


I'm alone now most of the time.  

I talk to God and my Mom.  


I am besieged by requests and 

running two different households.  


I am the contact person for 

my beloved.  


Yesterday I spoke to his doctor 

for twenty-five minutes.  


Then I spent eight hours working 

on my own home.  


I am tired and wish there was a 

way out, but there is none.  


I must be strong and carry on.  


Lord willing, I shall survive this too!  



The Year Back


I'm looking back at the past year 

and find to my dismay a 

year in reverse.  


With a pandemic, an election 

that was questionable and a 

lifetime of woes, to say the 

least, it wasn't the best year.  


A year full of trials and tribulations.  

A sad year.  

A woeful year.  

An unpredictable year.  

An election year.  

A year of waiting.  


A year full of ups and downs.  

A year with illnesses and deaths.  

A year not to concede.  

A year to be believed.  


A year to reveal.  

A year full of cancellations.  

A year of forgiveness.  

A year of regrets.  

A year of losses.  


I'm looking forward to next year.  

I hope it will be wonderful.  

I hope it will be great.  


I hope we all have a great 

New Year!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Michael Lee Johnson

I’m a Riverboat Boy,  Poem on Halsted Street As sure as church bells Sunday morning, ringing on Halsted and State Street, Chicago, these mem...